Conical Spring Manufacturer
If you’re in need of high-quality conical springs, you’ve come to the right place. Stanley Spring is a well-known, industry-leading manufacturer with over 80 years’ experience fabricating springs. We are known for manufacturing a wide range of springs designed for many years of trouble-free service, and for completing custom spring fabrication projects that meet our clients exact spring specifications on time and in budget.
We have vast experience manufacturing high quality conical springs. Our conical compression springs are manufactured with great attention to detail, with efficient turnaround times to meet your needs.
Conical Spring Design
The conical spring is a type of compression spring that is cone-shaped, as the name implies. One end of the conical spring has a larger diameter than the other. As the spring spirals down from one end to the other, the change in diameter creates the cone shape. Conical springs are also referred to as tapered springs.
Conical Spring Uses
There are many benefits to utilizing conical springs that make them ideal in multiple applications across industries. Benefits of conical compression springs include the following:
- Conical springs are often able to telescope i.e., the spring is able to compress further as each coil fits in to the next.
- You can therefore expect a lower solid height from a conical spring than other compression springs. When a conical spring is fully compressed, it is likely to reach a height that is equivalent to the thickness of the wire, or twice that height.
- Choose conical compression springs for a near constant spring rate.
- Conical springs are less likely to buckle than other compression springs, and can therefore provide a more stable solution for many applications.
- Choosing to use a conical spring over another type of compression spring can result in reduced vibration.
- The need for greater force to compress a conical spring may also be beneficial in some applications.
Thanks to the range of benefits listed above, conical springs are used in a wide variety of applications and play a vital role in many household objects and specialist equipment. Conical compression springs can be found in the following items and more:
- Electrical contacts.
- Battery contacts.
- Major appliances.
- Cell phones.
- Medical appliances.
We have designed and fabricated countless conical springs for customers in a wide range of industries, in need of conical compression springs that will stand the test of time.
Why Choose Conical Springs from Stanley Spring
Stanley Spring can fabricate the custom conical compression springs you need to your exact spring specifications, in either Carbon Steel or Stainless Steel, with an endless amount of post finishes, including, zinc, chrome, phosphate, black oxide, etc.
Since 1944, our family owned business has been committed to providing exceptional customer service, and we have close, supportive relationships with our customers. We have vast experience manufacturing springs of all kinds, and are able to assist with every step of the process. Our knowledgeable team is available to discuss your needs, create new conical spring designs for your application, and complete every project with precision.
Contact Stanley Spring
Stanley Spring is the trusted conical spring manufacturer you’re looking for. We are experts in designing and manufacturing conical springs and custom fabricating compression springs of all kinds. To learn more about conical springs or discuss your unique project needs, contact Stanley Spring today.
Request a Quote